Special Terms and Conditions for Multi Day Trips – COVID 19
During these uncertain times, Rising Sun Guides is offering flexible booking options so you can plan your Japan powder holiday with confidence. The following special conditions apply to all COVID 19 cancellations or postponements* during the 2020-21 winter season.
- Cancellations made more than 30 days prior to your booking start date are eligible for a full credit or 90% refund.
- Cancellations made within 30 days of the booking start date are eligible for a 75% credit or 50% refund.
- Credits do not expire.
- Depending on your payment method and currency fluctuations, there may be some non-refundable fees associated with processing refunds. Please inquire for additional information on payment options.
- If your Rising Sun booking includes services booked with 3rd party suppliers (airport transfers, hotels etc), refund or credit amounts for that portion of your booking will be subject to the cancellation terms of these providers. Please inquire for specific details of your booking and note that many of these suppliers are also offering flexible conditions.
- The above terms supersede our regular conditions and will be offered for all bookings made for the 2020-21 winter season.
- All other regular T&C`s remain as shown below.
*COVID 19 cancellations or postponements are considered as any situation where COVID 19 travel restrictions have affected your ability to visit. This could mean that quarantine measures are in place at the time of your trip (either on arrival in Japan or return home), you or a family member has contracted corona virus, or you have developed symptoms that prevent you from being able to travel. Additional special COVID 19 related circumstances will be considered on a case by case basis.
We also highly recommend taking out travel insurance at the time of booking to protect yourself from any other non-COVID related reasons for needing to cancel or postpone your trip.
Special Terms and Conditions for Day Trips – COVID 19
Throughout the 2020-21 winter season, we will be operating with additional safety protocols to help prevent the spread of COVID 19. These measures are as follows:
- Guests will be required to wear masks at all times when we are in confined spaces such as inside vehicles or gondola cabins.
- All staff will have their temperature checked every day.
- All Avalanche course participants will have their temperatures checked on each day of the course and classroom sessions will be conducted with 2 meter distance from each participant.
- If you are experiencing any cough, cold, flu or COVID 19 symptoms you will not be permitted to attend the activity you have booked with Rising Sun Guides. Please contact us and our reservations staff will work with you to reschedule at no extra charge. If you are unable to reschedule during this winter season, you will be offered a 90% credit that does not expire or a 75% refund.
- These terms apply to all 1 day guided trips originating and terminating in Niseko including cat ski trips and avalanche courses.
- Safety measures will be updated based on guidance from public health officials.
- Cancellations for other reasons are subject to our standard terms & conditions shown below.
Terms and Conditions
- A 25% non-refundable deposit is required to confirm all reservations.
- Full payment is due 60 days prior to the start of the tour. If the tour is booked within 60 days of departure, full payment is required to confirm. Cancellation within 60 days but 30 days prior to the tour will incur a tariff in the amount of 50% of the full tour cost. Cancellations within 30 days will incur a tariff in the amount of 100% of the full tour cost.
- At the time of booking, you will receive a message with your invoice allowing you to complete payment quickly and easily online with your credit card or paypal account. Details are also provided if you prefer to submit payment by bank transfer.
- Credit card and Paypal payments are subject to a 4% transaction fee. This amount will be added to your invoice at the time of booking. If paying by bank transfer, please disregard the 4% fee and instead accept all fees associated with the transfer. Please note that there are receiving costs attached with most bank transfers so please add 3000Yen to the transfer amount to cover these fees. Upon receipt of bank transfers, Rising Sun will confirm the actual amount received and advise of any discrepancy between the amount received and the amount owing.
- Any small discrepancies between amount received and the invoiced total can be resolved after your arrival in Niseko
- Note: You do not need a Paypal account to use this online system. Simply follow the instructions and links provided with your electronic invoice.
- All guests signing up for a guided tour are required to read and sign a release of liability waiver before departing. Failure to do so will result in cancellation of the tour without refund. All participants under the age of 19 must also have a parent or legal guardian sign their release of liability.
- RSG reserves the right to cancel any tour or course at any time (typically due to inclement weather, unsafe backcountry travel conditions, guide injury / sickness or insufficient participant numbers for avalanche courses, cat ski trips or other mixed group trip offering). In the event of cancellation, the customer will be offered the opportunity to either reschedule or receive a full refund less any transaction fees associated with the refund.
- All guests booking our backcountry or lift assisted day trips are covered by the RSG Powder Guarantee.
- All participants entering the backcountry (anywhere outside of the ski area boundary) on a guided tour must be at least 13 years of age.
- We ask guests to be honest with themselves about their skill level. If you have booked and paid for a trip with RSG but it is clear that your skills are insufficient for the trip you have booked, we will cancel the remainder of the day and refund 50% of your booking fee.
- It is your responsibility to care for any rental equipment supplied by Rising Sun. Guests will be charged for repair or replacement of any lost or damaged items.