Standard Terms and Conditions
- A 25% non-refundable deposit is required to confirm all reservations.
- Full payment is due 60 days prior to the start of the tour. If the tour is booked within 60 days of departure, full payment is required to confirm. Cancellation within 60 days but 30 days prior to the tour will incur a tariff in the amount of 50% of the full tour cost. Cancellations within 30 days will incur a tariff in the amount of 100% of the full tour cost.
- All rates and refunds are calculated in Japanese Yen unless otherwise stated.
- Depending on payment method and currency fluctuations, there may be some non-refundable fees associated with processing refunds.
- If your Rising Sun booking includes services booked with 3rd party suppliers (airport transfers, hotels etc), that portion of your booking is subject to the cancellation terms of these providers.
- All guests signing up for a guided tour are required to read and sign a release of liability waiver before departing. All participants under the age of 19 must also have a parent or legal guardian sign their release of liability. Our release of liability waiver can be viewed here.
- Rising Sun reserves the right to cancel any tour or course at any time (typically due to inclement weather, unsafe backcountry travel conditions, guide injury / sickness or insufficient participant numbers). In the event of cancellation by Rising Sun, guests will be offered the opportunity to either reschedule or receive a full refund less any transaction fees associated with the refund.
- All guests booking our backcountry or lift assisted day trips are covered by the RSG Powder Guarantee.
- All participants entering the backcountry (anywhere outside of the ski area boundary) on a guided tour must be at least 13 years of age.
- It is your responsibility to care for any rental equipment supplied by Rising Sun. Guests will be charged for repair or replacement of any lost or damaged items.
COVID 19 Policy
As of May 8, 2023, COVID 19 has been downgraded to a category V infectious disease (the same as the seasonal flu). As a result there are no longer any travel restrictions in place with regards to COVID 19; however in the unlikely event that this changes, we will resume offering the COVID 19 travel protections as follows:
- If Japan border restrictions prevent tourist travel to Japan, international visitors will be permitted to defer their booking to a subsequent season. This policy only applies to Rising Sun products and services. Products booked with 3rd party suppliers (accommodation, transport etc) are subject to the cancellation terms of those suppliers.
- Any credits issued are valid for up to 2 years.
- If guests are unable to travel due to a COVID 19 infection, our standard terms and conditions stated above apply.
Rising Sun highly recommends all guests carry travel insurance that offers protection against COVID 19 related problems, other sickness, injury and/or travel interuption.