289,000Yen / person (based on a group of 5)
Highlights: Get off the beaten track to rural Japan and lesser known resorts
Tohoku may be the last undiscovered frontier of Japan powder skiing. This region is defined as the northern portion of Japan`s main island of Honshu encompassing the prefectures of Aomori, Akita, Iwate, Fukushima, Miyagi and Yamagata. The area is dotted with small resorts, receives plenty of snow and cooler temperatures here make conditions more reliable than further South in the better known areas of Hakuba and Niigata. You can also expect to find far fewer foreigners which adds up to less competition on a powder day.
There is a variety of ways to set up a trip to this area but we have laid out one potential itinerary below. Please drop us a line for more info and/or a custom itinerary that fits your time frame.
- Day 1: Meet in Morioka and transfer to Hotel. (Can meet at Morioka station or Hanamaki Airport)
- Day 2 – 4: Morioka region guided skiing. Evening transfer to Hakkoda on Day 4.
- Day 5 & 6: Hakkoda region guided skiing. Evening transfer to Aomori after skiing on Day 6.
- Day 7: Transfer to airport or train station for travel home or elsewere in Japan.
- 5 guided ski days
- 5 days lift tickets
- 6 nights twin / triple share accommodation
- Breakfast and dinner included on first 5 nights. Dinner not included on the last night in Aomori however the hotel is centrally located with a selection of restaurants within walking distance.
- Onsen included at Morioka and Hakkoda accommodation.
- All private transfers on guided ski days including transfer from Morioka region to Hakkoda and Hakkoda to Aomori.
- Pick up from Morioka station or airport
- Lunch, drinks, shopping
- Single room upgrades available upon request
- Departure transfer (arrangements will be made depending on subsequent travel plans)
- Avalanche safety kit and backcountry touring gear. Rental available – please inquire for rates and information.
- Extend your stay in the region
- Start or finish your trip in Hokkaido
- Add Shizukuishi cat skiing