175,000Yen / person based on a group of 5
Located in North central Hokkaido, the small town of Kamikawa is uniquely well positioned between 3 mountain passes and just a short 20 minute drive from the ropeway at Mount Kurodake. These 3 passes offer access to remote backcountry ski and snowboard terrain while the ropeway delivers you to the alpine of the Daisetsuzan range.
Lower elevation alternatives for inclement weather days include Pippu and Kamui ski links. Furano and Asahidake are a bit further away but remain within reach if conditions dictate.
This trip suited to advanced backcountry skiers or splitboarders and is best scheduled in February or March when the snowpack is more developed. Please also note that the Kurodake ropeway is typically not open in January.
- Day 1: Arrive at New Chitose or Asahikawa aiport and transfer to Kamikawa. (or start your trip after a few days skiing in Niseko travelling from SW Hokkaido to Kamikawa)
- Day 2: Kamikawa region guided skiing at one of the 3 mountain passes or at Mount Kurodake. Inclement weather alterntives include Kamui and Pippu ski resorts.
- Day 3: Kamikawa region guided skiing.
- Day 4: Kamikawa region guided skiing.
- Day 5: Kamikawa region guided skiing. Evening transfer to Sapporo, Niseko or elsewhere depending on your plans.
- 4 guided ski days
- 2 days lift tickets (expect 2 full backcountry days without lift tickets needed)
- 5 nights twin / triple share accommodation with breakfast
- Private door to door transfers throughout trip
- Avalanche safety kit and backcountry touring gear. Rental available – please inquire for rates and information
- Single room upgrades available
- Lunch, dinner, drinks, shopping
- Arrangements for airport transfers or connections to your prior/subsequent travel plans will be made depending your requirements
- Extend or shorten your stay in Kamikawa
- Add on additional nights in Sapporo, Furano, Niseko etc before or after this trip