Special Terms and Conditions for Multi Day Trips – COVID 19
During these uncertain times, Rising Sun is offering flexible booking options so you can plan your mountain bike holiday with confidence. The following special conditions apply to all COVID 19 cancellations or postponements* during the summer of 2022
- Cancellations made more than 30 days prior to your booking start date are eligible for a full credit or 90% refund.
- Cancellations made within 30 days of the booking start date are eligible for a 75% credit or 50% refund.
- Credits do not expire.
- Depending on your payment method and currency fluctuations, there may be some non-refundable fees associated with processing refunds. Please inquire for additional information on payment options.
- The above terms supersede our regular conditions which can be found below.
*COVID 19 cancellations or postponements are considered as any situation where COVID 19 travel restrictions have affected your ability to visit. In addition to border restrictions, this also includes cases where quarantine measures of any length are in place at the time of your trip either on arrival in Canada or return home.
Our flexible booking policy does not include cases where you or a close contact contracts COVID 19 preventing you from traveling. Travel insurance is now readily available and we highly recommend all visitors purchase travel insurance that includes coverage for COVID 19.
Additional special COVID 19 related circumstances will be considered on a case by case basis.
COVID 19 Safety Measures
Throughout the 2022 summer season, we will be operating with additional safety protocols to help prevent the spread of COVID 19. These measures are as follows:
- If you are experiencing any cough, cold, flu or COVID 19 symptoms you will not be permitted to attend the activity you have booked with Rising Sun Guides. Please contact us and our reservations staff will work with you to reschedule at no extra charge. If you are unable to reschedule during this winter season, you will be offered a 90% credit that does not expire or a 75% refund.
- Safety measures will be updated and/or trips cancelled as required by public health orders.
Terms and Conditions
- A 25% non-refundable deposit is required to confirm all reservations.
- Full payment is due 60 days prior to the start of the tour. If the tour is booked within 60 days of departure, full payment is required to confirm. Cancellation within 60 days but 30 days prior to the tour will incur a tariff in the amount of 50% of the full tour cost. Cancellations within 30 days will incur a tariff in the amount of 100% of the full tour cost.
- If your Rising Sun booking includes services booked with 3rd party suppliers (airport transfers, bike rentals, hotels etc), refund or credit amounts for that portion of your booking will be subject to the cancellation terms of these providers.
- All guests signing up for a guided tour are required to read and sign a release of liability waiver before departing. Failure to do so will result in cancellation of the tour without refund. All participants under the age of 18 must also have a parent or legal guardian sign their release of liability.
- RSG reserves the right to cancel any tour or course at any time (typically due to, but not limited to, inclement weather, unsafe backcountry travel conditions, guide injury / sickness or insufficient participant numbers). In the event of cancellation, the customer will be offered the opportunity to either reschedule or receive a full refund less any transaction fees associated with the refund.
- It is your responsibility to care for any rental equipment supplied by Rising Sun. Guests will be charged for repair or replacement of any lost or damaged items.