CAT Ski & Snowboard Tours
5̶9̶,̶0̶0̶0̶Y̶e̶n̶/̶p̶e̶r̶s̶o̶n̶ NOW SAVE up to 10,000Yen/person/day with GoTo Travel Discounts Private Cat: 2̶9̶5̶,̶0̶0̶0̶Y̶e̶n̶/̶d̶a̶y̶ NOW SAVE up to 50,000Yen/day with GoTo Travel Discounts
Includes: Door to door transport, Guided Ski Day, Lunch, Photo Package & Avalanche Safety Kit
Join us for an epic day of cat skiing in the Shiribeshi mountains. Located about 30 minutes from Niseko, Rising Sun cats offers access to remote ski terrain for advanced skiers and snowboarders. With no competition for the goods, you`ll have all day to lap up powder runs.
- Door to door transport
- Avalanche Safety Kit
- Professional photo package
- Fully day of guided skiing / snowboarding
- Regular Guest: 5̶9̶0̶0̶0̶Y̶e̶n̶/̶p̶e̶r̶s̶o̶n̶/̶d̶a̶y̶ NOW 52,000Yen/person/day + 3000Yen coupons with GoTo Travel discounts!
- Private Cat: 2̶9̶5̶,̶0̶0̶0̶Y̶e̶n̶/̶c̶a̶t̶/̶d̶a̶y̶ Now 260,000Yen/cat/day + 15,000Yen coupons with GoTo Travel Discounts for up to 5 guests.*
- Add a 6th person for 23,000Yen + 3000Yen coupons
*Exact discount for private CAT will vary depending on the number of guests in your group. Please inquire for your detailed quote.
Rising Sun Guides is a registered Japan travel agent meaning all of our guests are entitled to daily activity discounts offered through the GoTo Travel Campaign.
- Pick up at 8am from your accommodation
- Typical trip returns between 4-5pm
- Vertical drop is approximately 200 meters per run
- Minimum age 13 years old.
- Minimum 4 to operate at listed rates
- Max 10 guests per day seated in 2 cats
- 4-6 guests in each cat (groups will be separated by skill level)
- 1 x lead and 1 x tail guide in each cat for the lowest guest to guide ratio in Hokkaido
- ~8 runs per day (depending on conditions and skill level)
Recommended Skill Level
Rising Sun`s Cat ski operation takes place in uncontrolled backcountry terrain and is best suited to advanced and expert skiers / riders. While we do have some intermediate warm up terrain, the bulk of our cat ski area consists of steep, gladed powder skiing.
Skiers and riders should be confident skiing through trees, steep slopes and negotiating variable snow conditions to get the most out of the day.
Please note that our guides will select terrain best suited to the group but this can be difficult if there is wide range of skill levels. In these cases, our guides will find some terrain for weaker skiers and riders but in general we will work to cater to the stronger members of the group.
At times, this may mean that weaker skiers and riders will be asked to sit out for some runs if the guide deems that they are not sufficiently competent to safely ski/ride the run.
If you are uncertain about your ability level, please contact us for more information and to discuss if our cat ski terrain is suitable to you. Please note that there are 2 other cat ski operations in the Niseko area that are better suited to intermediate skiers and riders.
Please bring y0ur regular ski / snowboard clothing and equipment. All guests are required to wear avalanche transceivers at all times. If you don`t have your own, we will supply one to you at no extra charge. Additional safety equipment will be distributed within the group and is also provided at no extra charge.
There is limited room in the cat for extra gear so please try not to overpack. We can however leave extra equipment at the cat base if necessary so if your not sure, bring it, ask your guide and we can decide at the start of the day.
COVID 19 Policy
COVID 19 Policy
- Temperature check at start of day
- Masks inside of vehicles (includes inside of CAT)
- Please maintain safe distances from each other while outside.
- Follow public health guidelines
- Please cancel if you are feeling sick. We will reschedule you at no extra charge. Additional special COVID-19 cancellation terms can be found here.