189,000Yen / person based on a group of 5 (Niseko accommodation included) 139,000Yen / person based on a group of 5 (without Niseko accommodation)
Highlights: 8 Days / Based in Niseko and Sapporo / 1 hotel change / Mix of lift access and backcountry touring
There is a reason that Japan`s most well known ski area is Niseko – simply put, it snows A LOT in this area. Southwest Hokkaido is the heaviest snowfall region of the island and the most reliable place in Japan (possibly the world??) to find consistent, deep, dry powder.
Staying in Niseko not only offers access to the Niseko United ski resorts but its also well positioned within day trip reach of a number of other great ski areas and backcountry zones also blessed with the same heavy annual snowfalls.
After some time in the Niseko region we recommend wrapping your trip up with 2 days in the Sapporo region sampling a couple more great areas located on the outskirts of the worlds snowiest major city. The resort`s available in this area offer a different style of skiing and riding, less Western visitors and a great way to finish your Hokkaido powder trip.
The sample itinerary shown below outlines an 8 day trip with 6 skiing days with 4 guided ski days spread over that period; however guided days can easily be added or subtracted from the plan and the trip lengthened or shortened to suit the amount of time you have. Other optional add-ons include cat skiing, snowmobiling, and accommodation upgrades.
- Day 1: Arrive and transfer to Niseko
- Day 2: Niseko region guided skiing. Options include Niseko, Rusutsu, Moiwa, Kiroro, and backcountry touring.
- Day 3: Unguided skiing in the Niseko region.
- Day 4: Niseko region guided skiing. Options include Niseko, Rusutsu, Moiwa, Kiroro, and backcountry touring.
- Day 5: Unguided skiing in the Niseko region.
- Day 6: Early morning departure for Sapporo region guided skiing. Evening transfer to Sapporo hotel.
- Day 7: Sapporo region guided skiing. Stay Sapporo.
- Day 8: Airport transfer and fly home.
- Arrival airport bus transfer
- 4 guided ski days
- 4 days lift tickets
- 2 or 7 nights twin / triple standard accommodation with breakfast (depending on package selected)
- Private door to door transfers on all guided ski days
*More info on standard accommodations here
- Lunch, dinner, drinks, shopping
- Avalanche safety kit and backcountry touring gear. Rental available – please inquire for rates and information.
- Departure airport transfer not included but will be arranged dependent on your requirements and budget. More information here.
All of our trips are fully customizable – just let us know what you want to do and we can design an itinerary to suit. Some options are as follows:
- Add or subtract guided days to suit your budget and energy level
- Add or subsitute a cat ski day
- Extend or shorten the trip
- Book Niseko accommodation independently
- Private airport transfers available on request