9 Day Pkg: 295,000Yen / person (based on a group of 5)
Highlights: Remote Locations Across Hokkaido / Backcountry Touring Focus
Join us for an epic backcountry ski adventure to untracked lines across the island of Hokkaido. Over the course of this trip, we`ll move locations regularly and stay in some of Hokkaido`s less travelled areas. Some objectives within reach of this trip include Mount Yotei, Asahidake, Kurodake, peaks in the Tokachidake area and many more.
Weather permitting, we`ll aim to head into the backcountry and put skins on for at least some portion of all days but we`ll still be positioned close enough to ski resorts in case conditions aren`t well suited to touring or its just time to mix things up with some lift accessed powder.
In general though accommodation locations have been selected for their proximity to awesome backcountry touring zones… and not listed below to help them remain off the beaten track.
9 Day Sample Itinerary
- Day 1: Arrive and transfer to Niseko area.
- Day 2: Niseko region guided skiing with several resort and backcountry touring options including Mount Yotei, Shiribetsudake and more.
- Day 3: Niseko region guided skiing and transfer to Tokachidake.
- Day 4: Tokachidake guided skiing. Inclement weather alternatives include Furano, Kamui and Tomamu
- Day 5: Tokachidake guided and transfer to Asahidake (or Kurodake).
- Day 6: Asahidake (or Kurodake) guided skiing. Inclement weather alternatives include Furano, Kamui and Pippu
- Day 7: Asahidake (or Kurodake) guided and transfer to Sapporo.
- Day 8: Sapporo region guided skiing.
- Day 9: Airport transfer and home.
Inclusions (9 day pkg)
- Arrival airport bus transfer
- 7 guided ski days
- 5 days lift tickets (lift tickets not required at Tokachidake)
- 2 dinners
- Onsen`s (hot springs baths) at some accommodations
- All transfers on guided ski days
- 8 nights twin or triple room accommodation with breakfast
**Other trip lengths available – just let us know how much time you have!
- Single room upgrades available upon request
- Departure airport transfer not included but will be arranged dependent on your requirements and budget. More information here.
- Lunch, dinner, drinks & shopping
- We may visit other onsen`s than those at the hotels we are staying. Entry fees for these onsen are not included in the trip price.
All guests will need an avalanche safety kit (backpack, shovel, probe, transceiver) and full touring setup. Splitboards are highly recommended for snowboarders. If you don`t have your own, Rising Sun has everything you need available for rent and we offer package discounts to all guests on multi day trips. More info available here.
All of our trips are fully customizable – just let us know what you want to do and we can design an itinerary to suit. Some possible adjustments include the following:
- Extend or shorten the trip to fit your timeframe / budget
- Substitute a cat ski day
- Upgrade accommodations
- Private airport transfers available on request